EIC Contractor Support
We are looking to bring on a passionate Editor of a new collaborative Parenting site, focussing on video content, for June 1st. Your goal will be to ensure consistent publishing of high quality and fully optimized content to the site.
· Increase traffic to the website by publishing original and syndicated content from our community, video and text content required.
· Support the creation of a strong and stable contributor community, and provide editorial feedback and leadership
· Support sponsored campaigns, as required.
· Creating an editorial calendar for deployment, and implement to the contributor team
· Providing all content editing, image uploads, optimization and promotion. Ensure SEO expectations are met on every published post. Video editing not required, although content editing on video posts is included.
· Managing incoming sponsored content, ensuring all sponsored content is promoted as per the required brand activations
· Publish a min of 5 fully optimized original blog posts each week.
· Renovate and improve archived content for re-sharing or re-publishing (min 2 posts a week)
· Finish edit syndicated content from group to publish to site ( min 2 posts per week)
· Understand how to work within the YouTube platform, pulling videos for embedding, and managing publishing directly within that system.
· Working within the basecamp platform, ensure that all content is being shared and supported by our Social Management team
· Work with our team to create an inspiring new digital brand that reaches and affects parents across North America.
· Take a passionate approach to making suggestions to improve the performance of the website with the goals of escalating the community brand.
· Support the author management as they upload content and work within the wordpress platform
· Amend, and edit static pages on the Website as needed.
Reporting: A monthly report will be due on the 2nd day of each month.
Information to be included:
· Monthly published content
· Analytics report – traffic assessment
· Recommendations and suggestions
· Key moments and highlights
· Compiled team reports
To apply for this position, please email Julie@julienowell.com with the following information. Please put EIC SUPPORT in the subject line. Position posting will close May 23rd. Position start date estimated at June 1, 2016.
- Why do you want to work with 3chicken Creative?
- Why do you feel you are a good fit for this position?
- What skills will you bring to the EIC role?
- What support or assistance do you feel you will need to fulfill this role (don’t worry, we ALL need some)
- Video will be the main cornerstone of our content. Tell us about your experience using and working with video on a digital platform.
- SEO: How is your knowledge? Good, bad, or ugly. Tell me what you know and where the weaknesses are.
- We want our editor to also create a community of authors for our site. What benefits would you deliver to a team of uncompensated contributors?
- Suggest a content theme for the month of July, including specific prompts for our writers and video creators to share to our site.
Starting compensation at $1200 (CA) per month.